Note: Sent this a couple days ago but disappeared someplace, resending.
  Apologize if stale thread.
---
I had a requirement for exactly this function. I used Vincent Danen's
howto here: http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=229
to use OpenSSh for sftp access. The newer versions of openssh allow
chrooting users without the hassle it used to be. Howto sets shell to
/bin/false so no shell access. In addition to howto I also delete the
.profile, .history, etc. files automatically usually created for user.
For GUI access, Filezilla is available for Linux, OSX and legacy
systems. WinSCP also works.

Regards,
Bob

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:15:46 -0600