On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Josh Paetzel <josh at tcbug.org> wrote:

> What if he had vegetarian dishes on the menu as well as steak?  And
> believed in giving people the power to choose?  You can get a vegetarian
> meal here....or you can get a steak.  Pick what you want.
>
> If the vegetarian can't recommend the restaurant then, does he not then
> stand in the position of wanting to limit other people's choices?

Neither the vegetarian, nor RMS have the obligation to
promote/recommend anything. Nor someone can make them to. Nor someone
should listen to their recommendations. It's absolutely voluntary.

So, in that scope RMS in not limiting anybody - go and use OpenBSD as
much as you wish. Just do not expect RMS to start telling people who
listen to him (and a lot do) that this is "free" as defined by him and
FSM (movement).

> I also have to point out that you seem to consider yourself the only
> person who can decide what RMS means when he says things.  Anyone else
> is demanded to provide "proof"

The proof is in the last 2 paragraphs in the original post here:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openbsd-misc/2007/12/10/486713

He clearly explains that its about recommendation, and not an ethical judgment.

Btw, I do not know where from FreeBSD get involved, as the orig. post
was about OpenBSD. Sorry for using it in my prev. posts.

Cheers

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.