On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Justin Krejci wrote:

> My apologies for my confusing grammar.
>
> It is not a direct quote. I put it in quotes to indicate the start and
> finish of my one sentence summary of the overall discussion. I do not
> find his views outrageous; I generally tend to agree with his overall
> philosophy.
>
> In your link read the first sentence of the third paragraph which is
> basically what I said in my one-sentence summary.

That would be here:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openbsd-misc/2007/12/10/486713

His idea is not that FreBSD "contains non-free software" (what you wrote)
it's much more pedantic than that -- it's that FreeBSD's "ports system
does suggest non-free programs."

Apparently, the FreeBSD supporters make a big issue of it, but really all
Stallman is doing is saying that he doesn't recommend FreeBSD for that
reason.  If they want him to recommend it, they'll have to change it.
It's not that he is doing something wrong.  His thing is to promote free
software, and he can do that better by not recommending FreeBSD.  He isn't
attacking FreeBSD, he's just not recommending it.

Mike