<Pine.GSO.4.60.0809261535450.6056 at taxa.epi.umn.edu>, Mike Miller
<mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> wrote:
> This is great news.  He is one of my heroes.

Mine too.

> I hear a lot of negative talk about him -- he's "a smelly hippy" or he

Yeah, I hear there is some truth to that, but I never made the
mistake of thinking he was known for smelling really good. ;-)

> exaggerates the importance of GNU as opposed to Linux, or we shouldn't use
> the term "GNU/Linux".

I do think he does exalt himself with the "GNU/Linux" thing, and
I don't use it. I don't use "GNU/Solaris" or "GNU/BSD" either, though
I have used GNU software on both Solaris and *BSD. "GNU/Linux"
strikes me as a point of pride thing, and takes away more from RMS
than it adds. My opinion, not so angry. *shrug*

> Stallman's genius was to be the source for all that followed -- the Itasca
> of the Free Software / Open Source movement, and he will always have my
> admiration.

I do admire him very much, but it is a qualified/specific admiration. :-)

Troy