On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:33:30 -0500, James <jucziz6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
> Currently I am running CentOS 5 on a Dell Poweredge 2400 with 4 18gig
> drives
> in a raid 5 configuration and 2 9gig drives setup as a mirror. I just
> purchases 4 36gig drives so my question is if there's a way to move the
> operating system with a tape backup. Some sort of live recovery process?

James,

My recommendation would be to go through install as far as building the
partitions and giving yourself a boot loader.  After that, the following
procedure has worked for me:

https://www.secure-computing.net/wiki/index.php/Dump_Over_SSH

I don't know how specific it is to FreeBSD, but it may work for you.  Or,
it could be a good opportunity to switch to a superior OS. :P

HTH

Eric Crist