On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Jon Schewe <jpschewe at mtu.net> wrote:

>> Use post-commit hooks in your svn repository to push the changes to
>> the servers. That way, changes will propagate only if they are
>> committed in the repo.
>>

> That's a good way to kick the script off, but doesn't handle the case
> where someone modifies the server and not the repository, which is where
> the problem is right now.

I would consider this a bad practice, if someone is doing changes on
the server directly, without testing it first somewhere else. And if
the changes are made on a test server, it should not be one of the
servers to which the post-commit writes. I.e. if you have tested
changes, and they are uploaded - the changes propagate. If nothing is
uploaded, nothing is written to the servers. So, there is no chance to
overwrite the changes, if they are not committed.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.