> And, without trying to look like an ass, though I usually do anyway,
> I'd recommend putting a solid backup routine in place.  Honestly, with
> drives the size they are and inexpensive as they are, there's no
> *good* excuse for not having a backup routine.
>
> If you're not sure how to go about building a backup routine, I'd be
> willing to help, as I'm sure many members of this list would be.
> ---
> Eric Crist

Thanks all.  The consensus seems to be that it's just gone - even
Kroll said they probably couldn't do it.

As far as backups go, we're well aware.  :P  It's a new server and we
just hadn't gotten it all set up yet.  (Yeah, it would have been
smarter to not use it at all until that was in place, but that's not
my call.)  There's still lots to do for it, but nobody with the time
to do it quickly enough.

In case you're curious, my current plan is to use Bacula, with some
kinds of files in version control, then daily/weekly backups to disk
and weekly or monthly backups to DVD.  Maybe some over the network too
- we'll see.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/