On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:02:42AM -0500, Chris Niesen wrote:
> Has anyone implemented this type of external file transfer server config?
> Requirements below:
>
> 1.  SFTP
> 2.  SCP
> 3.  Authentication w/ M$ AD/LDAP
> 4.  possible CIFS access
> 5.  Setup of auto deletion of files older than 30 days
>
> I have seen some commercial apps out on the internet, but I was wondering if
> anyone on the list had any suggestions.

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I would
take a look at Linux-based NAS. I recently got a Buffalo LinkStation
that can do everything on your list, but depending on your
requirements a TeraStation might make more sense for you -
http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/.

If you want to consider Buffalo, take a look at
http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/ . There are two main
options for opening up the software on the NAS. You can keep the
stock firmware and add softare on top of it, or you can move to
new firmware and run a different Linux distribution on it - I run
Debian.

Anyway, I know that there are other similar products out there -
the Linksys NSLU2 is a popular one - but a NAS might do what you
want.

Or depending on your needs, you culd problably just use samba,
ssh, and cron to set it on an old box that you have lying around.