Trying to make dual boot work on my TP 600. I was given a 40G hard
drive, so now I have the room to squeeze both OS's in. I'd like to
retain windoze to run some CAD software for work backup ( If anyone
knows of a double secret parametric 3D modelling package out there for
Linux, let me know. I haven't been able to find anything.  BRL-CAD
rocks, but the learning curve is steep.) I can install either OS without
issues, doing a standard windoze 2000 pro install, or a Slackware12.0
install, with LILO installed to the MBR. Either one works separately,
but when I install Slackware after windoze, LILO gives a disk read
error. (LILO posts the L followed by a screenful of 01's) I've tried
making the install to different partitions, but that doesn't seem to
help. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a 'boot' partition for LILO
to live in. I'd rather not do that, as that would only leave me with two
partitions for my Linux system. One for  'boot', one for windoze , one
for / , one for swap, and that leaves nothing for /usr/local or /home.
Or is there something about the 4 partition limit to fdisk that I'm
missing?
Thanks.

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---