ben usenetalias wrote:
> Hi All,
> I currently have Qwest DSL and am looking to change; I'd like a DSL
> provider that will allow me to operate in bridged mode on a static ip
> without using PPPoE.  I'm trying to make life a bit easier for my ISA
> box (save the MS bashing, I know I'm on a Linux list, some of us use MS
> products too).  ISA can handle PPPoE but I want to remove that
> unnecessary step.  It would be a bonus if this ISP can utilize my
> existing Cisco 678 too.  Given how ISPs piggy back on the phone
> carriers' service I may be screwed here but if someone has ideas I'm
> open to them.
> Thanks,
> Ben.
>
> PS I'm in the south metro if it matters.

I have a PCI Intel Pro/DSL 2200 modem left over, if it helps. These are
DMT and have Windows 2000/XP drivers available. It can do bridging
(which I don't think you'll find an ISP that supports), and PPPoA (most
qwest DSL based ISP's). This would get your static IP into your ISA box
if it would allow the drivers to install. In PPPoA mode it basically
looks like a dialup connection to Windows. Otherwise, if anyone has
gotten one of these to work in Linux it will be taken off the market and
be put into use again by me :-)