On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:48:25 -0500 (CDT)
bradyh at bitstream.net wrote:

> I'm trying to play Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
> (which has a Linux version for anybody interested in such things.) But I
> can't get it to verify my purchase code.  Apparently it uses port 443 to
> connect back to the server and that is somehow blocked.

Try WireShark to sniff the connection, that may (or may
not) provide clues.

If it is really blocked, you'll see outgoing SYN packets
with no responses (assuming it is 443 TCP, if it is UDP, that's
different).

If it isn't blocked, it won't help much - the traffic is
probably encrypted and so you won't be able to make sense
of it.

John Gateley <tclug at jfoo.org>