Wow, everyone on this list is so helpful and friendly. Thank you. I
appreciate the comments. Sometimes you get flamed for asking seemingly
pedestrian questions!
I'll try downloading knoppix and maybe even upgrading to the new Fedora
Core. I have broadband, so I'm able to do it. But thank you for the offer.
More as it unfolds!

Nick