On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 02:45:25PM -0800, Anna Edwards wrote:

First off, top posting to technical email list is bad. Please
stop. See for example:
http://catb.org/~esr//jargon/html/T/top-post.html

> hmm... *thinks for 2 seconds* have you heard of adobe reader?
> free (in a sence), avalable via the add remote programs
> mechanism, and version 8 plays sounds lol not sure v8 is in
> repos but if not, just google adobe reader 8 click the first
> link, choose dif os choose debian linux (se, adobes website
> chooses the option of rpm automatically and that'll screw
> up your system) run it, if it has license agreement in the dumb
> terminal, press tab+enter and it will shut up and just show
> progress in the window

Adobe reader is bloated and slow.

The free software alternatives are smaller, faster, and generally
work better. Most important of all, it is a pain to get acroread
that saves your place in a file when you close it, while kpdf in
particular, offers a very nice bookmarking feature.

Jim