On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Samir M. Nassar wrote:

> If conventions are going to change, then perhaps a change for the better
> is a good thing.

Yes.  Conventions usually exist for a reason any change of conventions
should likewise occur for a reason.

Can anyone tell me why it would be better for this message (for example)
to be expressed in *both* plain text and HTML formats?  People often do
that these days but I think it is obviously not good.  If that were to
become conventional, what an annoyance -- it wastes bandwidth and disk
space and causes some problems in managing email archives.  To compensate
for these problems it offers no real advantages.

Mike