This is a more general Unix question.  We've got a bunch of somewhat
older FreeBSD boxes in a lab at work (most are running 5.4), and when I
SSH to them with a username, as in

        ssh mhicks at hostname

the prompt I get back just says "Password: ".  However, if I connect to
a Solaris box in our lab, the prompt comes back as "mhicks at hostname's
password: ".

The prompt also shows up in that manner if I have an entry in my
~/.ssh/config file like

        Host hostname
        	User mhicks

I want the longer prompt to show up since we use a couple of different
logins on our various hosts, and I want a hint at which password I
should be typing in.

Does anyone know how to get these FreeBSD hosts to act like the others?
Er, well, without going through the process of upgrading lots and lots
of systems?

--
Mike Hicks <hick0088 at tc.umn.edu>