> Dell has Ubuntu 8.04 laptops, and after appropriate customizations, the
> price is pretty close to that of the Gateway above.  Here's the Dell:
>
> http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dncwpl1&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&kc=segtopic~linux_3x
>
> Adding these options...
>
> Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)  $50

They also offer the "Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)"
for $100 more than the T5800, but what is the difference between the T5800
and the T7250?  Well, that information is not easy to find for some
reason, but it seems that the T7250 supports Intel's Virtualization
Technology while the T5800 does not.

I want to run Virtual Box with Win XP Pro in it.  So how much will the
Virtualization Technology help me?  I'm guessing that it will help enough
to be worth $100.  Any opinions?

Mike