On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 12:51:55AM -0600, Mike Miller wrote:
> Which reminds me to ask a question:  Is there a way to make the font
> smaller after I do Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get a text screen?  I guess that is
> actually called "console mode".  Maybe there is no interactive way to do
> it, but I'll settle for a config file.  I guess the answer is here...
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=200834&highlight=boot+console+font
>
> ...or that was was for earlier versions.  So what is the answer for 8.10
> and what fonts have you all used successfully?

Yes, you want the vga= boot option.  Set it to 'vga=ask' to get a list of
modes your kernel supports, and then experiment (I recommend setting it
manually at each boot so that it is not hard-coded into your Grub or LILO
config, so that if it doesn't work, you can simply reboot to get back to a
working system).

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX System Administrator,