On Tue, 23 Dec 2008, Justin Krejci wrote:

> I would imagine worst case scenario he could boot off a LiveCD which is
> easy for anyone to do while at home.

That's a good point.  I had the disk sitting there and I didn't even think
of it.  Maybe I like a challenge -- and believe me, googling in lynx from
the command line with that giant font is quite a challenge!

Which reminds me to ask a question:  Is there a way to make the font
smaller after I do Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get a text screen?  I guess that is
actually called "console mode".  Maybe there is no interactive way to do
it, but I'll settle for a config file.  I guess the answer is here...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=200834&highlight=boot+console+font

...or that was was for earlier versions.  So what is the answer for 8.10
and what fonts have you all used successfully?

Mike