Howdy ho all, I'm in the process of setting up a CCIE lab rack that I
thought I might open up for use by others if they want to learn Cisco.  I'm
building up a Linux box to be the console server which I'll allow access in
through.  So my first question is has anyone setup a public console server
and have any recommendations on setting it up?  This box would be only used
for the lab and nothing else so I'm not too worried, plus the lab would be
on a whole separate segment from my home network but I still would want to
lock it down as much was reasonable.  I was thinking of Chrooting all users
and setting up conserver for the console application (
http://www.conserver.com/).  I'm also working on some scripts to basically
flash the lab back to a standard working config.

Does anyone have any interest in playing around in a Cisco lab?  Its
starting out with 4 3640, 4 26XX, 1 1620, and a 2924 switch but I'm working
on adding to it as I can afford to, I'm trying to get it close to this
design: http://www.internetworkexpert.com/resources/ccierack.htm.  Also if
anyone wants to contribute equipment to it I was thinking of somehow
creating a "super" class of users that could reserve lab time and take
ownership of the lab during that time.

Also anyone have a spare rack taking up space?  I'm about to go buy a relay
rack but I thought I'd throw that out first...

--j