I always follow the directions from the Samba documentation. When you
use samba to join the domain samba will create the SPN (Service
Principle Names) for Windows file sharing. This is needed if you want
your windows clients to connect to your samba server with the single
sign on capability provided by AD/Kerberos. Samba's net command is
also able to create the krb.keytab file for you, which can be handy.

I haven't worked with it much beyond using the winbind pam module.
Using the krb5 pam modules should also be possible, and may work
better in the long run if you're planning on using the Linux computer
as a client instead of a server.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
IT Outhouse Blog Thing | http://www.itouthouse.com