I've been considering a failover setup using to WAN connections and have
been investigating some options.  I found some very interesting appliances
made by Xroads Networks that essentially takes over as the authoritative DNS
server and updates the DNS records for your domain on the fly as a WAN
connection goes up or down.  The appliances aren't out of line expensive but
it seems like this could be done fairly easily with a Linux solution as
well.

Here's a better description of how the process works:
http://www.xroadsnetworks.com/ubm/technology/activedns.xrn

Didn't find much in my initial Google attempts but now "bindmon" seems like
it basically does this.  Is anybody using this or other technique for DNS
failover?

--
Donovan Niesen