I didn't see stunnel mentioned anywhere, its my main methodology for
getting around proxies as it is completely SSL and can do things like
create a full VPN tunnel back to your home box that you can use for
securely browsing the Internet.  I use it whenever I'm at a coffee shop or
whatever just for the security and privacy.

It also is very proxy aware so if you need to add authentication or
anything you are set.  Plus it gets around proxies that are smart enough
to see that you are just doing SSH on 443 and not actually SSL.

--j