Follow-up:
Wow, did that suck.  But, I wanted a cheap hack and I still have one.
Don't use a "live" email address (duh!), and use a .txt file or probably
anything but .html.  It matters.

   #!/bin/bash
   # gmaildigest.sh
   date >>~/public_html/digest/digest.txt
   less ~/mail/mysite.org/bhgmail/new/* >>~/public_html/digest/digest.txt
   rm -f ~/mail/mysite.org/bhgmail/new/*
   less ~/public_html/digest/separator.txt >>
~/public_html/digest/digest.txt

I'm so proud.