On 10/19/07, John Meier <john.meier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/07, Dave Sherman <thurianknight at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all, just wondering if anyone is using a Linux-based NAS solution
> > such as OpenFiler (http://www.openfiler.com/). We're looking for
> > something that would integrate into Active Directory.
>
> I did a few tests - setup a share, assigned group/user access - worked as
> expected.  All in all, I'd say it's worth burning a day to play with it -see
> if it meets your needs.
>
> john
>
> P.S.  Was able to install the linux version of Backupexec client on the
> server and do a simple backup ...

Yep, I've burned about half a day since yesterday playing with it. Set
it up wrong the first time (forgot to leave room for the actual
shares), but otherwise seems to work well. AD integration took some
fiddling in /etc/krb5.conf, but otherwise it worked.

Very glad to hear that the Linux BackupExec agent works, since we were
wondering about that.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA