Ontrack's software is pretty good, but I had a user whos laptop was
formatted and then reinstalled with XP who didn't keep his files on the
server as he was supposed to. The user noticed immeadiately. (hey where did
my unsupported and non-backed up Goldmine CRM go?) My company spent 1500
dollars and Ontrack was unable to recover anything that Ontrack's "Easy
Recovery Pro" couldn't. Then again this wasn't a hardware failure so that
may be very different.

Best of luck,

Chris