Most of the arguments sound like fluff covering up the real argument.

The core complaint seems to be that UofM didn't play ball in the past, with
whatever was trying to be accomplished.

It then seems presumed that any future dealings with the U will result in the
same results.

The rest of the complaints seem to be attempts to persuade others that the U
is bad.  Then add a promotional call for people to bail and hang out
elsewhere.

In some senses, it feels like we are being asked to extend a boycott of some
form, due to former issues from a different organization.  It's good to be
aware of issues, and learn from them.  But in my experience, the U has been
very kind and helpful so far.

Perhaps if TCLUG sought bigtime corporate sponsorship we would run into these
issues, but I don't think open source is a good match for such corporate
influence.

Jeremy