On Nov 8, 2007, at 7:18 AM, Chris Schumann wrote:

> I hope it's not just me, but I've never seen TCLUG as a student group.
> And by that reasoning, TIES mission would not align with this group.
>
> Unless, by using Linux and advocating it, we all become teachers of
> a sort.

I'm quite familiar with TIES since my school district is a TIES member
and I work with them often in my role as a Technology Director. In
fact, I'll be there this afternoon for a meeting. Their space is very
conducive to a large group meeting like TCLUG: plentiful parking, easy
location, fat pipe, etc. Just because TIES is in the education
business doesn't imply that they only work with student groups.
They're a large ISP and technical services organization so they've got
a lot of geeks around there. I suspect the willingness to host TCLUG
events is driven by that group.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson, The Savvy Technologist