UMN emphasis is a killer for outside interest and makes it a student group
separate from "the community"... or has historically for the last 20-30
years.

The bus line proximity isn't a big deal or just isn't useful for most folks
"after graduation".

Corporate relevance can be very good.  That is not "bias", it's a real world
emphasis.  Lack of it indicates a student emphasis.

Few, if any, installfests have been done at UMN.  Again. this is a student
emphasis and not clearly a community function or one emphasizing post
graduation concerns and connections.

Perhaps we need a real professional association to step in and host some
Linux-related stuff.  Let TCLUG be a local student group if that is its main
interest and direction.

As I said before, mid-week at UMN makes it both inaccessible and
uninteresting for most past graduation.  My opinion, but also happens to be
the practice of most of the 20 or so professional associations in town.

Chuck