You'll want to setup openssh-server for remote console. Make sure your
server has a static ip so you always know what ip address to connect to.
There are a number of guides on the web that show how to set this up using
the command prompt.

I have some instructions on my website that should work for 7.10 (I tested
them in 7.04). It's mostly my own notes but is pretty complete.

jason