Recently, I set up Darwin streaming server, with the intent to serve up
mp4 files. I couldn't get anything to stream (my content), and found I
needed to create a hint file, using Quicktime Pro(correct me here if I am
wrong). The process takes hours to complete with a full 3 hours of video,
and so far has not finished successfully. I am used to using windows
encoder and media server, which is very easy, and straight forward. I
would like to implement an open sources solution, but this has been a real
pain. Am I misunderstanding the need for this process? if not, is there a
better open source solution that does not require a hint file. Streaming,
not downloading is what I am hoping to accomplish.

Raymond

believed to be clean.