I have bought many Linux magazines and Linux Format is by far my
favorite.  Yeah, it's expensive and a light on hardware stuff, but I
think it has really good content and well worth the price.  Maybe it's
just me, but it seems that UK magazines have less advertisements.

I also have a SysAdmin subscription but the topics cover pretty specific
stuff, so there might be something worth reading every other month.

- Chris