what exactly do you mean "linux friendly" ... that they if you call them
they will support your linux networking configuration issues?  or that
there routers, network infrastructure, etc will "allow" a linux host to
work?

i have had both comcast cable and qwest dsl for years working with many
number of Linux hosts/distros.  i have never tried using linux to be the
CPE device that connects directly to there network - ie: with an
internal DSL card ... i use the Cisco 678 and the Motorla 5400 Bitsurfer
for that.  buth the next hop into my network has always been some sort
of linux iptables/qos/router/firewall.