Warning: preg_match: internal pcre_fullinfo() error -3 in
/data/gallery2/install/steps/AuthenticateStep.class on line 58

Your problem has to do with this portion of the error, not the session
parts.

My guess is that there include problems here.  Without knowing terribly much
about C, it probably cannot find the pcre header files or someother header
file.  Maybe even another shared object, .so.

Brock