A good majority of my work day is spent working on a remote windows
system via terminal server.  I mostly log in using rdesktop on Linux,
but I often use Remote Desktop Connection w/in XP, or log in via a
webpage using an Active X type app for the interface.

Issues:  The connection hangs often - some days more than others.  This
can be very frustrating to say the least.  There are probably some
latency issues, but there must be more than that though to cause me this
many issues.

Are there issues going via the internet and can the connection just
eventually get messed up - causing me to hang?  Or do I need a
connection with very little if any lag?

Can I get a dedicated line that will get rid of the lag and be more
reliable?  I am certain there are more people out there in this
situation ... so ... I am hoping for some suggestions and insight.

Thanks in advance.

Randy