On 7/9/07, Jay Austad <austad at signal15.com> wrote:

<snip />

> Does anyone have experience with both?  I'm going to use Sangoma
> cards instead of the Digium ones.  I need DUNDI support, which
> appears to still be in CallWeaver.  However, the one thing I'm
> worried about is that it looks like it is missing the SLA (shared/
> bridged line appearance) functionality that was added in the 1.4
> train of Asterisk.
>
> Also, if there are any other free/open source projects out there that
> you think are worth mentioning, definitely let me know.  Right now,
> I'm leaning towards CallWeaver.

Hrm - that's a bummer you're having problems with Asterisk.  I'm
running it at 5 sites around the world, and it's working great.  My
locations have very simple dialplans, though, and I'm only running SIP
on the LAN, so I don't have to deal with the NAT/firewall issues you
mentioned.  I'm using IAX trunks for site->site traffic as well as
to/from my ITSP.  I don't know if IAX is an option for you, but I
found it to be *vastly* more reliable for call trunking than SIP was.

You'll be quite pleased with Sangoma's hardware.  I have yet to have a
single problem with it.  I have two of their quad port cards and one
dual port card in production, and they're all rock-solid.  I've not
had experience w/ Digium's hardware, so I can't really compare...

-erik

--
Erik Anderson
http://andersonfam.org