On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 11:30:49AM -0600, Mike Miller wrote:
> Related point:  Microsoft is a monopoly, or near monopoly.  When Vista
> comes out, what is its competition?  Well, it's mostly XP.  Wouldn't
> it be nice for Vista if XP wasn't so great?  Sure.  They knew this day
> would come when they made XP.  Maybe that explains why XP isn't so
> great.  Same for Vista and everything else produced by Microsoft.

I haven't seen Vista yet, so I can't say one way or another.  But I
*have* seen the hardware requirements for Vista, and I just love the
idea of everyone dumping their 2 GHz P4's with a mere 1 GB RAM since
they're too slow for Vista.  In a year or so the market should be
flooded with cheap boxen more than suitable for even the fattest *nixen.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota