On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, rwh wrote:

> MS is screwed. Mac and Linux will keep on chipping away at their OS
> market share. As people move to more open document standards the
> dominance of Office will start to erode as well. Just look at the Zune
> and try not to laugh out loud ... an MP3 player that only a Soviet could
> love :-)

I hope you are right, but I have my doubts.  I think Microsoft can compete
much better than they are right now.  Apple has to be about 20 times as
good just to keep up - inertia such as it is.  When Microsoft starts to
feel like it's losing, it will come out with better products.  I believe
they can do it because they have the money.  They just need to hire the
right people, focus the money on develompent, and they'll have something.

Mike