On 1/22/07, Randy Clarksean <rclark at lakesplus.com> wrote:
> I have had this issue a number of times and it is getting more than a
> bit annoying.
>
> System:  FC5 - have updated everything within the last couple of weeks
> with yum.
>
> I am working along ... at some point the system seems to lock up - after
> a fashion.  I can still move the mouse and the arrow is moving
> around ... the color of the mouse changes indicating I can move it
> across windows and that is detected ... but ... I can not select any of
> the windows open on the screen.  It is like the mouse button feature is
> gone.
>
> I eventually get annoyed ... reset X via ctl-alt-backspace to kill X,
> relog in and then everything is fine.
>
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Randy

I think I've seen something very similar to this on my system, but I'm
not sure if it's the same issue.  It doesn't happen very often, but
it's very annoying when it does.  I notice it most often on the web
browser.  When I click on links, it acts as if it has clicked them
(i.e. it gets one of those dashed outlines that shows that it has the
focus), but clicking the link doesn't actually load the specified URL.
 Other click-related stuff doesn't work correctly either.  It seems
like something has blocked a specific mouse-click event or signal from
firing.  The workaround I usually use is to switch to a text console
(e.g. ctrl+alt+F1) and then back to X (ctrl+alt+F7), and then the
mouse will work normally again.  You might try that next time it
happens to you...  Unfortunately I haven't investigated it enough to
find a proper solution.
--
jonner