Larry R. Pint writes:

> « HTML content follows »
>
> I would like to mount a shared removable drive in a Windows XP Pro
> computer to make it accessible in Unixware 7.1.1.  I have studied the
> mount command, searched google and have not found out how to do this.
> Mention was made of VisionFS and samba.  I don't think VisionFS is
> installed on the Unixware system.  I can get samba to share to Unixware
> directory so it is accessible from Windows machines, but I have not
> figured out how to do the other way around.  I've done this from our RH
> Linux machine, but can't figure it out under Unixware.  Can anybody offer
> some pointers to how this can be done?

under linux it would be:
mount -t smbfs -o username=<user> //server/share /mountpoint

of course this is for linux, the same did not work under MacOS, the syntax
was not quite right and i suspect that that would be the case as well under
UnixWare.

do a locate for smbfs and see if there is a manpage specific for it.