On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 12:42:07PM -0600, Josh Trutwin wrote:
> Just a quick followup - I'm guessing part of my problem is that the
> new drives are 3 Gbps and my mobo controller is only 1.5 Gbps -
> doesn't explain why I cannot connect the old 1.5 Gbps drive unless
> when I put the new ones on it hosed it?

The SATA 1, 1.5 and 2 are backwards and forwards compatible: the
controller and drives should be able to negotiate the common ground.

Microcenter has PCI SATA controllers for $20-25;  this might be an
easy way to test the drives.

florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163