On 1/15/07, Dan Rue <drue at therub.org> wrote:

> This topic seems to come up every 6-9 months..
>
> If you have Qwest for telephone service, which it sounds like you do, I
> can *highly* recommend IPHouse.  Visi is also very good.  They will set
> you up with a static, or many statics - PTR, the whole shabang.
>
> If you're stuck in sprint land, like me, ..  No Dice.

You can get static IP's with Qwest and you don't even need a business
account to do it:

Qwest internet basic   $29.99 to $49.99 a month IIRC for the line
depending on speed
$10.99 for ISP services (no e-mail, website, etc)
$14.99 for a block of 8 static IP's.

I just dropped my static IP's from Qwest which I've had for over 3
years.  Aside from having a buried line go bad during heavy rains a
couple years ago, and some headaches of moving DSL services from one
phoneline to the other, I've never had a problem with Qwest service.

Some people just absolutely hate them and will bitch about anything
because they don't like Qwest.  Then again, many of these same people
are those that will find something to bitch about regardless of what
it is.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..