On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 01:33:48PM -0600, Sean Waite wrote:

>    I have been calling around to different services without luck so far
>    trying to get a decent DSL for my home. The catch is I need a static
>    IP. So far the mainstream companies like Qwest only offer this with
>    their Business services, which can not be installed at a residence. I
>    remember years back this was not the case, but since I have used cable
>    for my residence for so long I am somewhat behind the times. Is it
>    still possible to get a decent DSL service with static IP? The reason
>    I need static is I am looking to host my own e-mail and web, which not
>    only requires just a static IP but a PTR record as well. I had thought
>    that my present Comcast could do this since they really do not chance
>    the IP address, but they are not going to do a PTR record for you. Any
>    help on what I can do would be much appreciated

This topic seems to come up every 6-9 months..

If you have Qwest for telephone service, which it sounds like you do, I
can *highly* recommend IPHouse.  Visi is also very good.  They will set
you up with a static, or many statics - PTR, the whole shabang.

If you're stuck in sprint land, like me, ..  No Dice.

Dan