I may be just a bit befuddled here ... but ... I am trying to upgrade my
kernel on a Fedora Core 5 system.

I tried using YUM and it did not fly all that well.  There was an error
message while trying to install the kernel ... some error related to
grub ... searched the web, but no luck.

so ... I run rpm -qa | grep kernel  and I get

	[rclark at dualasus ~]$ rpm -qa | grep kernel
	kernel-smp-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
	kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2257.fc5

The 2.16.15 version is what I have now.  But ... the grub.conf shows
nothing related to 2.6.18 ... which I would like to try and install.  I
tried going out to download the SRC and work at it from that way ... but
none of the repositories go past the 2.6.15-1.2054.

How does the 2.6.18-1 show up ... how do i install it properly ... and
why does it not show up out on the repositories?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Randy