On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:16:39AM -0600, Mike Miller wrote:
> One major question unresolved for me:  If code is distributed under
> the BSDL and it is used within a proprietary program, does that
> program then have to be distributed under the BSDL?

No.

> Can anyone take the code and change the license?

Yes.

> Are we allowed to choose a different license for the binary than for
> the source that was used to build it?

Yes, though Copyright notices must remain in-tact.  Full details found
here:

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

The only thing that BSD license does above Public Domain is enforce
the need to give attribution to the original copyright holders.  This
can also be done using Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution license, but
may actually stand up to international law.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/