On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Troy.A Johnson wrote:

> Where licenses collide, the GPL can make headaches, where the BSD
> license can resolve them.

I'm sure that's true.  For example, the BSDL is GPL compatible, but the
GPL is not BSDL compatible.  So code can flow from FreeBSD to GNU/Linux
but not vice versa, or so I'm told.

In fact, that is probably why the BSD web site is carrying the article
claiming that the BSDL is superior to the GPL -- it is better for FreeBSD
if you license under the BSDL instead of the GPL.

One major question unresolved for me:  If code is distributed under the
BSDL and it is used within a proprietary program, does that program then
have to be distributed under the BSDL?  Can anyone take the code and
change the license?  Are we allowed to choose a different license for the
binary than for the source that was used to build it?

Mike