On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 05:12:53PM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 04:31:05PM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:
> > I have a server and an workstation, both running Linux.  The uids and
> > gids match between them.  From the server I am exporting a directory
> > using Samba, which the root mounts as "cifs" on the workstation.
> >
> >    mount -t cifs -o credentials=blah //server/myshare /mnt
>
> I believe you have to specify uid/gid in the -o as well.

From the mount.cifs(8)

       uid=arg
          sets  the  uid that will own all files on the mounted filesystem. It
          may be specified as either a username or a numeric uid. This parame‐
          ter  is ignored when the target server supports the CIFS Unix exten‐
          sions.

       gid=arg
          sets the gid that will own all files on the mounted  filesystem.  It
          may be specified as either a groupname or a numeric gid. This param‐
          eter is ignored when the target server supports the CIFS Unix exten‐
          sions.

1. I am using the CIFS Unix Extensions.

2. I do not want only one user to own all files.  I want the owner of the
files to be the creator and not the mounter.

florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163