Example:  See below from the Source Code Release FAQ at gpl-violations.org

http://gpl-violations.org/faq/sourcecode-faq.html

    What version of the source code do I have to release?

    For each and every version of the executable program, you have to
    release the precisely corresponding version of the complete
    corresponding source code.

    So if you have distributed ten different versions of firmware for an
    embedded product, and this firmware contains GPL licensed software,
    then you need to release ten different source code packages, each one
    corresponding for each executable version.

Mike