On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Sean Waite wrote:

> I have purchased almost exclusively from Microcenter for the past couple
> years now CD/DVD+R due to their significantly lower price. The last time
> I was there a few weeks back they seemed to no longer carry them, but I
> have been buying a 50-pack of Philips DVD+R 8x for $14 now for some
> time. This while most places were selling them at $30-40. In fact a year
> or so ago Circuit City had the same item for $20 more.

I do need to get some DVD+R disks for my laptop because that's all it can
handle.  Everything else I own does both + and -.

I know what you mean about prices.  It is really a strange phenomenon.
Not many products show that kind of variability across time/place,
especially not something as fungible as disks -- it should work more like
gasoline.  What's up with that?  I have heard that MPAA and RIAA have had
some involvement in manipulating media prices, but I don't know about
that.  Something is odd though.

Mike