An ISO file is just an image of a CD/DVD, as you've found burning an
ISO file to a CD provides no value. What you will need to do is use a
CD Burning utility which can open an ISO file, i.e. Nero or similar,
and burn the contents of the ISO to your CD. You can then use this for
the purpose you intend.

Josh