On 2/7/07, TCLUG Classifieds <webmaster at mn-linux.org> wrote:
> New TCLUG Classified Ad
>
> Category: Computer
>
> Type of Ad: For Free
>
> Subject: eMachines T2245
>
> Hey All,
>
> I picked this eMachines T2245 from a friend and tried to get it to start. the machine starts (I think), The Powersupply starts and so does the fan on the cpu, but I dont get a video signal.
>
> It has no Hdd and or Memory.  Its free to a good home whom might be willing to invest some time and little money into it.  Otherwise its going out with my Thursday's garbage next week. LOL!
>
> Thanks!
> CPU: Intel(r) Celeron(r) Processor 2.20GHz (w/128KB L2 cache & 400MHz FSB)
> Operating System: Genuine Microsoft(r) Windows(r) XP Home Edition
> Chipset: Intel(r) 845GL chipset
> Optical Drive: 40 × 12x40x Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
> Video: Intel(r) Extreme Graphics 3D (integrated)
> Sound: AC '97 Audio
> Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
> Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
> Peripherals: Standard Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Standard Speakers
> Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Microphone-In & Head Phone jack on front, Audio-In & Out, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
> Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D
>
> Seller Email address: blacknight_709 at hotmail dot com
>
> http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/index.cgi

I come across a lot of these eMachines that have cheap motherboards
and power supplies.   It's best to replace both.  Most of the time,
the rest of the components survive.

Usually you can find a decent replacement motherboard/power supply for
under $100 that will bring it back to life.  Feel free to email me if
you want any advice on refurbishing these beasts.

--
Donovan Niesen